This table is an index to a series of 1:100,000 map sheet tiles thematic maps.
They relate to key terrain drivers of bushfire risk identified by the HighFire Risk project.
Click on the code or name and you will be taken to a background map with links to five themes:
- Background map, using LANDSAT imagery.
- Elevation map.
- Local Relief, which relates to lightning ignition swarms and the extent of very-large fires.
- Ruggedness, which determines the general types of fire evolution that may be expected.
- Areas prone to dynamic channelling under a WNW wind.
- Lightning ignition prone lands
- Wind regimes maps
- Drainage impairment maps.
Please read the explanatory material to see what these maps mean for you.
Go to main maps page.
Prepared by HighFire Risk Project, April 2013.
Project Member: Rick McRae, ACT Emergency Services Agency.
Project Member: Jason Sharples, UNSW, Canberra.